Tuesday, January 15, 2008

What is it about this.....

craft that makes me act like a little school girl? I've been card making/scrapping for over 5 years now and I still get excited over the simplest things. I can't go to sleep at night if I'm on a creative roll. I've been know to get that spark of creativity around midnight and finally turning in by 3am.
I don't know if it's the creative process, the materials I get to use, the vibrant colors I'm surrounded by, the extreme diverse group of women I've met, or the continued education in this craft that keeps me consumed with possibility. Whatever it is I am so grateful to have found it. I can't imagine what I'd be doing if not for this craft.




This is how I leave my workspace now. There are so many things I need at my fingertips I just keep them out. Notice the tissues......the cedar pollen is kickin my butt right now.....pray for rain.




These are my two projects in progress. This is what my table looked like before bed last night. I went out & had cocktails with the gals and stayed up way to late playing in my studio. I swear...if I had a bed, fridge & potty in my studio I'd never leave.

What Is It For You???? What is it about scrapping/card making/mixed media that gets you excited.....

1 comment:

Holly Denghel said...

Making pretty things!! I enjoy just creating stuff that has no real "practical" value, that's just for fun, and doesn't have to follow anyone's rules but my own.