Sunday, January 13, 2008

Exploring the Art Journal

Inspired by Donna Downey and Suzi Blu I've started an Art Journal. Oh my, I feel like I've just found a new set of toys needing to be played with. Every time I enter my studio now I have to decide which toy to play with.

I always start with the gesso but do I get out the gel mediums, the oil pastels, the paints, the rub-ons....Yes....I get them all out. I keep them out now. I've only been doing this for about a week and my mind is just spinning with possibilities.

Saturday my buddies & I got to go to the local art supply store. Oh what fun. We were there for an hour and it felt like 30 minutes. We can easily do this at the scrapbook store but now I have a new establishment to deposit any spare dollar I might scrounge up.

Here are a few pages I've completed....











2 comments:

katie said...

Oooh, those are terrific.

I just found your blog, so wanted to say hello. Can't wait to see more of what you do.

Holly Denghel said...

Baaaa . . . Baaaa . . . Who's the black sheep? Do we have one? Welcome to the bloggin!!