Wednesday, March 4, 2009

February?????

February was PLAY month for me like never before.

Michelle & I ventured out on our 1st, but not our last, cruise. We departed Galveston Island and for 7 days we cruised the Western Caribbean. So much to see and do, it was a bit overwhelming. This was the trip of a lifetime.

Once we returned I packed up my scrapping supplies and headed to "Our House" retreat center in Milford, TX. I had so much fun with my scrapping buddies. Can't wait to go back.
Here are two layouts I made at Our House.

These photos are so typical of who we are. Always in t-shirts, shorts and tennis shoes; just hangin' out and enjoying life. In this layout I used Basic Grey's Urban Praire paper pack.


Here is the layout I made as the opening page to our cruisin' album. I'll be using Basic Grey's Marrikech paper line for this album. I love the rich color palette and like how it compliments my photos.



Side note: for grins I submitted both of these layouts to Basic Grey, thinking they may pick up the cruisin' layout with the new Marrikech line.....they passed that one and picked up the Typically us layout with the infamous felt dots.
My scrapping buddies are always teasing me because I struggle with throwing away scraps. So as a joke they blessed me with the cute little pink felt dots seen above the leaves on the chipboard flower. Being dared.....this is how I used them.
It's ironic that is the layout Basic Grey picked up.....

2 comments:

Pam Sivage said...

Both look great and congrats on getting picked up by BG! Sounds like the cruise was marvelous!

Sherry Bueche said...

Hello! Anyone home? Kock kock!