Sunday, November 23, 2008

I love it when

the idea in my minds eye turns out better on paper.
I absolutely love Crate Papers new scalloped die cut papers but refused to buy the circle one. I don't know why....I just thought I could make it somehow. I don't have a scalloped circular punch and didn't really think I'd use one that often so what to do mmm...mmm...mmm....why not use ribbon or lace?
Well, I'm NOT good with a sewing machine though I love the look of the texture so I just used my tape runner on the back of the circular card stock and placed the lace. Happy with the placement I stitched it on. Easy as pie.....I was pleased with the result. I did learn a bit that I will implement on the next layout.

This is such a variety of my favorite manufacturers ........Crate Paper Lemon Grass Papers,
Basic Grey sticker alphabets Ambrosia and Offbeat die cut, Journling stamp is Laundry Line, Chipboard letters are Scenic Route. TFL

3 comments:

Pam Sivage said...

This is beautiful! I saw the pictures and perfect layout to go with the beautiful pictures.

Sherry Bueche said...

Seriously Lynda, WOW. Love the layout. I am going to scraplift you!!!

Holly Denghel said...

BEAUTIFUL!! I love this layout. The lace looks SOOO awesome!! You totally blew the scalloped paper concept out of the water.